Senior Application Scientist
Ingenuity Systems, a leader in web applications for understanding biology, is looking for a Senior Application Scientist to drive innovative product development and best practices within its Ingenuity Variant Analysis Product line. This position reports to the Senior Director of the Ingenuity Variant Analysis Product Line and as a core member of the team will work closely with product management, customers, collaborators, marketing, engineering and field teams to help bring to market innovative solutions to enable life science researchers to quickly get to insights in the complex biological information space.
- Develop deep understanding of user needs and requirements
- Work collaboratively to help define the key elements of the product solution and provide product roadmap input
- Drive early solution evangelism to generate initial go-to-market enthusiasm
- Develop and support key customer collaborations
- Help to define and lead product Beta Programs
- Performs competitive benchmarking and monitors industry trends
- Acts as liaison to the field to provide support for the customer issues
- Provides content for customer-facing technical documents and application notes, case studies and may provide customer training as appropriate
- Provides feedback to appropriate departments regarding the development and testing for new products and applications
- Speaks at industry specific technical conferences and user events
- PhD in molecular biology, genetics, computational biology, biostatistics or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in life science research/applications science.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing human genetics data (e.g NGS resequencing, RNA-Seq, SNP genotypes, GWAS)
- Data Analysis skills (e.g. R, MATLAB, PLINK, Ingenuity IPA, Ingenuity Variant Analysis)
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action, and prioritize
- Strong public speaking experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail while following the high-level strategy and goals of the project.
- Ability to multitask a variety of assignments and proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and creative, and work smart in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word)
- Advanced in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong team player
- Organized and dependable
- Travel required 30%.