- Firma – OncoImmunity AS
- Sted – Oslo Cancer Cluster Incubator, Ullernchausséen 64, Oslo
- 0379 Oslo
- Frist – 31.01.2016
- Varighet – Fast
- Sektor – Privat
- Stillingstittel – Software development manager
- Bransje – Helse og omsorg / IT – programvare
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell)
- IT utvikling / Systemarkitekt
- IT utvikling / Front-end
OncoImmunity is seeking a proactive software development manager with a strong interest in product development. The candidate will lead a development team in a multidisciplinary environment in an ambitious start-up company driving product development in the field of cancer immunotherapy
OncoImmunity AS is a Norwegian company established to develop bioinformatics software that has the ability to empower precision cancer immunotherapy, and thus improve the outlook for patients with late-stage disease. We develop machine-learning methods, accessible online, applied to genomics data for tumor immune profiling. The company has just successfully completed a funding round and has attracted significant investment from both life science and software investors. The company’s first software product offering will select optimal patients to be assigned to cancer immunotherapy clinical trials. In addition the software can identify mutated peptides in cancer with potential for patient monitoring, companion diagnostics and can be used to develop more personalized cancer immunotherapies. The company is located in the dynamic Oslo Cancer Cluster Innovation Park, which is home to a synergistic ecosystem of organizations that include the Cancer Registry of Norway, the Oslo Cancer Cluster Incubator, the Institute for Medical Informatics and Pathology and a mix of local biotech and global pharma companies.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead development efforts; coordinate with a scientific team to design and develop a software solution, which relies on machine learning from next generation sequencing (NGS) of DNA.
- Design, development and implementation of a modern front end graphical user interface, and implementing machine learning algorithms.
- Work with other programmers, the CEO and CSO, to develop the product with respect to optimal functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic schedules, and adhere to development goals.
- Make significant architectural decisions and also work with others on machine learning and bioinformatics.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and help rollout system changes. Help define, and supervise the design and implementation of the software applications.
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts and set priorities for parallel projects. Work closely with the CEO and CSO on product design, resource allocation and project reprioritization.
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk.
- Work closely with scientists and other team members to define, clarify and implement key software features.
Skills and experience
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in managing a software development team.
- Extensive experience in software development, architecture, design, coding and debugging.
- Experience in building scalable software solutions and data warehouse systems.
- Familiarity with languages and technologies needed for statistical data analysis and machine learning (Python, R, etc.).
- Familiarity with languages and technologies needed for data warehouse design, relational database management, Hadoop, SQL programming and UNIX shell scripting.
- Excellent command of software development life cycle activities including analysis, design, development, system testing, and production deployment (Agile and iterative development a plus).
- Strong communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment.
- Ability to hire and motivate skilled software engineers and get the best out of them.
- Passion to build a innovative software solution which will benefit cancer patients by empowering the development of ground-breaking novel immunotherapies.