Sequentia Biotech is a young and dynamic company focused on a broad range of consulting services in the fields of bioinformatics, biostatistics, development and execution of research projects, database construction and biotechnological productions. Currently we are a spin-off of the CRAG (Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics) of Barcelona.
We have opened a position for a junior bioinformatician interested in working in the field of next-generation sequencing data analysis. The selected candidate will work on data coming from next-generation sequencing experiments to develop analysis pipelines, project management and data interpretation. Moreover, the selected candidate will be involved in the scientific projects we have in collaboration with several research institutes. Successful applicants will be highly motivated, capable of working autonomously and interested in growing together with us.
- Master Degree in a scientific field (e.g. bioinformatics, biotechnology, biology, informatics, mathematics)
- Very good linux knowledge
- Good skills at least in one of the following scripting languages: Shell, Awk/gawk, Perl, R, Python, C++
- Experience in bioinformatics analyses
- Experience in NGS analyses of plant or mammalian genomes
- Skills in programming (Java, C or C++)
- Knowledge of biostatistics
- Good English knowledge
- High motivation and good accountability – Problem solving and good attitude in seeking creative solutions
Application deadline: 31/01/2014
This position will start in February 2014 Contract: 1 year contract followed by permanent position
Candidates should send the CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com