Dow AgroSciences R&D is seeking an enthusiastic bachelor degree or master degree level Scientist to work in a Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) facility to generate high quality sequencing information using multiple next generation sequencing technologies. The successful candidate will leverage new and existing NGS technologies to streamline relevant workflows to improve efficiency, consistency and quality of high throughput sequencing experiments. The individual will be working in a highly cross functional R&D environment to develop and implement novel and improved NGS applications for various internal research groups.
- Conduct NGS experiments that involve library preparation, method optimization, and sequencing to generate high quality sequence data routinely
- Optimization of existing workflows to fit with diverse needs of NGS customers
- Interface and coordinate NGS experiments in a team environment
- Develop work plans and data delivery according to expectations
- Development of improved and cost-effective solutions to generate high quality sequence data according to customer needs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple sequencing projects and workflows to meet the customer demand
- Coordinate with data analysis team for data delivery on routine basis
- Maintain safety in the laboratory work environment and laboratory up-keeping
This position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
- – Bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline
- One to five years experience in Molecular biology
- Hands on lab experience with NGS technologies
- Working knowledge of sequencing library construction methods for DNA & RNA
- Standard molecular biology techniques including DNA isolation, purification, quantification, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), gel analysis, cloning and special techniques such as quantitative PCR (qPCR), Reverse Transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR) and cloned DNA (cDNA) library construction, normalization etc.
- Exposure or experience with High Throughput (HTP) sequencing platforms in a core sequencing facility is a plus
- Exposure to next generation sequencing applications such as RNA-seq, CHIP-Seq, sequence capture and target enrichment methodologies, amplicon sequencing is a plus
- Basic skills and exposure to analytical and automation instrumentation
- Good oral and verbal communication and organizational skills
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is committed to discovering, developing, and bringing to market crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions for the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $7.1 billion in 2013.
Primary Location: North America-USA-Indiana-Indianapolis
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Job Segments: Chemistry, Scientific, Biochemistry, Chemical Research, Agricultural, Science, Engineering, Agriculture