Senior Manager/ Manger Market Development, NGS RNA-Seq
The Senior Manager/ Manager of Market Development for RNA -Seq is a member of the Global Market Development team responsible for the Go-to-Market strategy and demand generation for RNA-Seq products within the NGS business unit. S/he will lead the development and execution of strategic marketing plans to support a growing business unit in a dynamic market environment.
The successful candidate will coordinate closely with Product Management and Regional Marketing to develop plans and positioning as well as liaison with Corporate Marketing’s Studio/Design and eMarketing teams to execute integrated marketing communications programs designed to help achieve global sales, marketing, and revenue goals. S/he acts as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing communications deliverables.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead cross functional teams to develop strategic action plans that drive growth in key segments.
- Develop messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand to specific segments/regions.
- Develop content for web, print, PR, etc from product specifications and technical documentation.
- Develop innovative and impactful collateral materials.
- Create and deliver sales tools & sales training.
- Manage project budgets including tracking actual versus plan.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology or related discipline with 5 years experience in a marketing role
- Has thorough functional understanding of the market development role and in depth knowledge of major genetic analysis markets.
- Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope.
- Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority.
- Identifies problems, answers questions, gain cooperation of others and implement efficient solutions.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- MBA – but not required
- Knowledgeable of sequencing market and competitors a plus.