The Krishnan Lab at Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Salary will be competitive and will be supplemented with funding for computational equipment and for attending national and international meetings.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join the Krishnan Lab as a postdoctoral researcher. The Krishnan lab’s goal is to transform our ability to link an individual’s genomic/molecular profiles to her/his physiological traits, disease risks, and clinical outcomes.
Postdocs will contribute to this vision by: 1) developing new computational approaches to analyze and integrate large collections of biological data, 2) applying these approaches to specific problems in health and disease, and 3) communicating the methods and discoveries openly to the broader biomedical/clinical community.
Rather than participate in ongoing projects, we strongly encourage postdocs to come up with several research ideas, jointly develop them into creative projects, and lead the way in those new directions.
What will you get:
- Freedom to work on your best ideas broadly aligned with the lab’s vision.
- Plenty of opportunities to collaborate with other smart computational and experimental researchers at MSU & elsewhere.
- Resources to develop your own research program as you plan to move to the next stage of your career.
- Opportunities to mentor students, give class lectures, and participate in peer-review and grant-writing.
- A vibrant, supportive environment: A bunch of really smart and fun colleagues; Office in a fancy newly built space and quiet workspaces when needed; Beautiful campus; Low cost-of-living.
- Mentoring & support: In addition to being your scientific mentor, my primary responsibility is to help your personal and professional growth by facilitating all of the above. You will always find in me an audience to discuss opportunities/challenges and a strong advocate for your interests.
- A PhD, MD, or equivalent, with a strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, statistics, computer science, machine learning, or other closely related fields.
- Good communication skills, willingness to collaborate openly, give/take constructive feedback, and, sustain a friendly and fun lab culture.
How to Apply
If you have questions or want to chat about this position, please write to Arjun Krishnan (arjun [AT] msu [DOT] edu).
To apply, send an email to Arjun with your CV, a link to your Google Scholar page, a short statement of your research interests, and names & contact information for three references.
About Our Organization
Michigan State University has been advancing knowledge for more than 160 years. A member of the Association of American Universities, MSU is a research-intensive institution with 17 degree-granting colleges. MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Job applicants are considered for employment opportunities and employees are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. The University actively encourages applications of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.