H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Number: 7048266
Posting Date: September 25, 2017
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is the 3rd largest cancer center by volume in the United States, located in Tampa, Florida, and was ranked the #6 top cancer center in 2016 by U.S. News and World Reports. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt’s team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The laboratory of Dr. Timothy Robinson seeks a highly motivated and independent postdoctoral research fellow. Recent work from Dr. Robinson’s lab can be found at https://moffitt.org/providers/timothy-robinson/. The Robinson lab’s mission is to benefit patients with cancer through the discovery and development of novel therapeutic and prognostic technologies and has a translational focus on exploiting alternative mRNA splicing in cancer. He is the director of radiation oncology spoke focused on the use of genomic data in clinical radiation oncology.
- Translational and pre-clinical research setting within a large academic cancer center.
- Mix of validation and discovery-based translational research.
- Potential to partner in development of intellectual property with direct clinical application in cancer patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Technical expertise in the following (required):
- Motif analysis
- Visualization and analysis of high dimensional data
- Programming experience – R, python, etc.
- Technical expertise in the following (preferred):
- RNA-seq or platform-based analysis of differential isoform utilization, splicing, and/or 5’/3’ UTR utilization
- RNA functional and/or secondary structure prediction
- Algorithm development
- Programming/Data analysis
- Manuscript preparation
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV and contact information to three references for Dr. Timothy Robinson. Refer to requisition #23547
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace