- Event: RNA-Seq analysis using Galaxy
- Start: July 4, 2013 9:00 am
- End: July 4, 2013 5:30 pm
- Cost: $95 (morning only), $190 (full day)
- Category: Training
- Contact: QFAB Bioinformatics
- Phone: +61 7 3346 2095
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Venue: IHBI Seminar Room
- Address: QUT Kelvin Grove campus, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059, Australia Google Map
This hands-on workshop introduces the concepts of RNA-Seq analysis from data preparation through to statistical testing for differential gene expression (DGE). Using Galaxy, a platform that provides a user-friendly interface to bioinformatics tools, Mark Crowe from QFAB will introduce the tools, data types and workflow of DGE analysis.
An optional afternoon session will cover more advanced topics, including identification of novel transcript isoforms, generation of graphical output from RNA-Seq data, and analysis of data from non-model organisms, along with practice exercises.
Recommended participants: Biologists and bioinformaticians planning to work with RNA-Seq data for differential gene expression. Participants must bring their own laptops with wireless network capability.
Basic RNA-Seq analysis and an introduction to Galaxy. Includes morning tea.
Morning session plus advanced topics and practice exercises. Includes morning and afternoon tea.