|Company Name:||Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
|Location:||Cambridge, MA US|
|Career Focus:||Management & Business|
Computational Biology Summer Intern
Infinity Pharmaceuticals is an innovative cancer drug discovery and development company seeking to leverage its strength in small molecule drug technologies to discover, develop, and deliver to patients first-in-class or best-in-class medicines for the treatment of cancer and related conditions.
Infinity Pharmaceuticals is seeking one Computational Biology Summer Intern to provide data analysis support for our drug discovery efforts at our Cambridge, MA location. The intern will have the opportunity to apply state-of-the-art computational tools to the integrative analysis of large-scale datasets (exome & targeted DNA-Seq, microarray expression profiling, RNA-Seq, etc.) to identify clinically translatable biomarkers in oncology drug development programs. The intern will also gain an in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical R&D process by working in a well-integrated multidisciplinary team environment where discovery, development, informatics, regulatory, and commercial teams interact on a daily basis.
* Performs well-defined data analysis assignments with general supervision.
* Selects computational techniques and statistical/visualization tools to solve cancer biology problems
* Documents programming codes with sufficient comments and generates formal reports on analytical results.
* Attends project group meetings and presents progress on assigned research project.
* Attends Discovery Informatics group meetings.
* Presents work at the end of internship.
* Proficient statistical programming skills in R or MATLAB
* Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python or Perl
* Graduate students from Ph.D. or M.S. programs (in fields such as computational biology, biostatistics, and statistical genetics) are preferred.
* Strong verbal communication skills a plus.
* Demonstrates working knowledge in computational biology and bioinformatics.
* Familiarity with Linux or UNIX computing environment.
* Knowledge in the analysis of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data a plus.
* Knowledge of the basics of cancer cell biology is a plus.
This is a 10-12 week internship starting on June 3, 2013. This is an hourly paid position, which does not include room and board.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States