|Company Name:||Pfizer Inc.|
|Location:||Cambridge, MA US|
|Career Focus:||Information Technology / Science & Biotech|
Senior / Principal Scientist / Data Analyst, Exploratory
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Bioanalytical Nucleic Acids group within the BioTx Clinical R&D group focuses on exploratory biomarker analysis for programs within Pfizer’s Biotherapeutics (BioTx) organization.
This position primarily focuses on the analysis of RNA expression data to discover and validate biomarkers of efficacy and disease/patient stratification to impact Pfizer’s Precision Medicine strategy for clinical decision making.
- The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of molecular technology platforms (e.g. microarray, TLDA, RNA-seq), and work with biomarker laboratories primarily to help develop and apply cutting-edge technologies to the analysis of data for the stratification of response, classification of disease and related aspects
- In this role, the Analyst is responsible for designing and executing data analysis strategies to investigate human drug efficacy and disease heterogeneity at the molecular level. These strategies support Pfizer’s Precision Medicine strategy for patient stratification in the context of drug response
- The analyst will be involved in the design of exploratory analysis plans to identify biomarkers and patients subgroups from interventional and observational clinical patient studies
- The successful candidate will be involved in setting up data QC protocols with CROs, coordinate data transfer and establish potential primary data reduction methods
- Responsible for the implementation, delivery and documentation of computational biology analyses to project teams
- The Analyst will accomplish these goals by leveraging their solid expertise in disease biology, physiology, and working closely with clinicians, basic researchers, and statisticians to integrate gene expression profiling data with a range of other biomarker readouts and related clinical data
- Contribute to information management (LIMS, sample management systems, primary and secondary data) initiatives within BioTx and Pfizer
- PhD strongly preferred. Masters degree required.
- This role requires skillful experience in the analysis of complex molecular data as well as experience in matrix leadership roles as described below.
- 5+ years of experience in the analysis of complex biomarker data from multiple sources including significant experience with microarray data with a strong emphasis on clinical applications. Experience in the integrative analysis including genetic, cellular and protein data and a deep understanding of disease biology at the molecular level is also desirable.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a pharmaceutical setting and preferably prior experience in the autoimmune disease drug discovery area.
- Ability to lead biomarker discussions, delineate biomarker priorities in a scientifically rigorous manner while influencing teams is required. Prior experience working in a matrixed environment will also be highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment and rapidly respond to changing priorities. A highly collaborative, innovative mindset, and the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to diverse audiences such as clinicians and pre-clinical scientist is a plus.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague’s long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer’s support of a colleague’s temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the “at-will” employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.