The Department „Regulation in Infection Biology“
headed by Max Planck Director Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier is seeking a
Technical Assistant (m/f) (RNA-seq experience)
for a full-time employment (39 hours/week) of initially 2 years.
- Application and knowledge of standard techniques of molecular biology, biochemistry,
microbiology, genetics and cell biology in a BSL2 laboratory
- General lab management and organization (ordering, stocks of consumables and material,
coordination of technical activities of the Department)
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of lab databases
- Assistance in biosafety implementation in a BSL2 laboratory
- Assistance in autoclaving and cleaning
- Certified qualification as lab or technical assistant
- Hands-on experience in technical assistance and knowledge of standard techniques of
molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology and/or genetics is highly desirable
- Experience in working bacteria will be considered an advantage
- Experience in handling RNA (RNA extraction, analysis…) is required
- Openness and interest in learning new techniques, ability to multi-task
- Excellent organisational skills and ability for structured work (Experience with organizational tasks in a scientific environment is considered as an advantage)
- Excellent competence in lab related softwares
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- Friendly disposition, self-confidence and responsible manner
- Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- The candidate must have a profound interest in all research topics of the Department.
- We expect a person who is self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in a competitive,
dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on
basic biological research.
According to the training, qualifications and professional experience, the remuneration can be up to EG 8 TVöD. The benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service. The position is available at the earliest possible date.
If required, part-time work can be considered for this position.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal and must include a
cover letter with a brief outline of motivation and own technical and scientific interests, CV
and the names of three referees. If you are interested, please follow the link
upload your full application in English by June 15, 2016.
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology