RNA diagnostic company with products in infectious diseases – COVID19 – and oncology
At Genomic Expression, we are building a company to address the urgent need for better detection of diseases and access to treatments.
Currently only 1 out of 4 cancer treatment prolongs life, yet we spend $100 billion on drugs and 8 million patients die every year from the disease. Genomic Expression is changing this paradigm by sequencing tumor RNA to find the best drug for the patient, and the best patient for the drug. With four funded programs in various cancer types, including breast and ovarian cancer, Genomic Expression is a first mover in making RNA sequencing actionable in oncology.
Our company culture is based on respect for the individual and admiration for creativity and intellect. We will honor anybody’s ability to create value for our company. We are team oriented and expect our employees to take responsibility and initiative.
We are looking for a highly motivated bench scientist who has experience with PCR and NextGen Sequencing and passion for curing diseases. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and detail oriented, with strong communication skills and a solid understanding of molecular biology and genomics. They will be working alongside some amazing pioneers in oncology, bench scientists, engineers and software developers, contributing to the cutting edge of cancer research and personalized medicine.
Location: Genomic Expression’s laboratory is in the North Shore InnoVentures Center in Beverly, MA.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for extracting RNA and DNA from various samples
- Create sequencing libraries and perform PCR and NGS
- Apply other molecular and cell biology methods to support projects within the lab
- Assist in the design of laboratory experiments, techniques, and protocols
- Instruct others in basic laboratory techniques
- Perform necessary laboratory maintenance, such as cleaning equipment and ordering supplies
- Purchase lab supplies and equipment under the direction of administrative personnel
- Assist with data analysis and present results in the form of Powerpoint slides at internal meetings
- Develop and apply project management skills
- Help write and update SOP’s
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc or Masters Degree in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Biochemistry
- At least one year of experience working in a wet laboratory setting is required
- Must be familiar with extraction and quantification of RNA and DNA
- Experience with developing and validating assays using PCR and NGS
- Hands-on experience with preparing samples for RNA sequencing is highly desirable
- Understands and follows good laboratory practices including record keeping
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Well-organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and interest in learning new skills and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with LIMS systems is highly desirable
- Familiarity with CLIA and HIPAA regulations is highly desirable
- Familiarity with sequencing data analysis is highly desirable