Leidos (Frederick, MD)
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, operates the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, sponsored by the National Cancer Institute. Our focus is on basic and applied science in cancer and AIDS. We maintain an integrated suite of advanced technologies backed by scientific expertise in areas such as genetics, genomics, protein science, proteomics, bioinformatics, high-performance biomedical computing, and nanotechnology. We develop new technologies to support cutting-edge science, and we develop and manufacture clinical-grade pharmaceuticals for first-in-human trials.
For more information about Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., please visit our webpage at www.leidosbiomed.com
The Core Infrastructure and Systems Biology Group (CISB) within the Information Systems Program Advanced Biomedical Computing Center develops bioinformatics data mining and integration applications to support research activities including systems biology studies of syndromes and diseases of military relevance.
The Bioinformatics Analyst IV will: (1) interpret and analyze clinical, animal and experimental data derived from a variety of high and low throughput biological technologies with focus on Next Gen sequencing including RNA-Seq, miRNA-Seq and metagenomics studies, (2) lead in the development of large scale data mining and integration applications, and (3) provide project leadership in integrating internal and external databases to provide systems biology analysis capabilities, and allow seamless collaboration and integration across multiple domains and research institutes.
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics/computer/biomedical science or 4 years related experience in lieu of degree
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of eight (8) years related experience in bioinformatics, computer and information science with a strong background in NGS analysis and large scale data integration
- Experience analyzing high dimensional biological data including sequencing, microarray and proteomics using commercial and open source applications
- Experience handling and analyzing NGS data including RNA-Seq and miRNA-Seq
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle and MySQL
- Experience developing web applications with J2EE, PHP, Python
- Strong statistical background with experience in ‘R’
- Experience in data validation
- Masters degree or higher
- NoSQL databases
- Experience in agile web development, developing data integration and visualization tools
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Lead or supervisory experience
- Publications on NGS/data mining/integration applications
- *Leidos Overview:*
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company’s approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.APPLY