We are seeking an inventor with a creative and analytical mind to join Sloan Kettering Institute’s Single Cell Research Initiative (SCRI). The team’s goal is to develop cutting-edge algorithms to interpret the flood of data coming emerging single cell technologies to explore questions in tumor heterogeneity, metastasis and tumor immune environment. If you would rather apply your superb programming skills for towards cancer cure, than finance and shopping carts, our dynamic multi-disciplinary team is the place for you. We collect big biological data, in particular multi-dimensional single cell profiling, such as single cell RNA-seq and multi-color imaging. You will implement algorithms that process, integrate and visualize the multiple data types, allowing data scientists, biologists and clinicians to interact with and interpret the data. A key focus is the single cell profiling of clinical patient samples, with the goal of improving immunotherapy and precision medicine.
Join us if you can think innovatively and want to make an impact!
As a Bioinformatics Software Engineer you will:
- Design and develop software and databases to process, normalize and organize data collected from multiple technological modalities
- Design and develop interactive data-driven software and algorithms to analyze, visualize and interpret complex single cell and Next-gen genomic datasets
- Implement novel machine learning algorithms, developed by SKI postdocs or recently published in the literature, along with graphic user interface to make them accessible for wide public use
- Implement new features, maintain and test existing SCRI code infrastructure
- Evaluate and compare best practices for processing and analyzing different data types
- Provide consultation, guidance and training to research scientists using SCRI software tools and algorithms
Bachelors or Master’s with 3+ years of programming experience. Experience with designing large software tools and writing efficient code Proficient in testing process, with ability to debug and modify code Analytical, reasoning, mathematical and problem solving skills to develop algorithms. Advanced knowledge of algorithms and statistics Knowledge of Python, C and Java Preferred
Degree in computational biology Familiarity with next-gen sequencing data Familiarity with image analysis and microscopy The ideal candidate would be a team-player, very well organized, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate should also be able to work independently, be reliable, trustworthy and enjoy working in an international team within a highly collaborative atmosphere.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.