Biologist ** Next Generation Sequencing ** NIH ** Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Biologist with Next Generation Sequencing experience to work with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world’s foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
- Perform a variety of genome- and transcriptome-wide techniques including but not limited to RNA-seq, low-input RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, and PAR-CLIP
- Perform reagent preparation, sample loading, and machine operation and maintenance of the Illumina NextSeq500 and HiSeq 2000 (http://www.illumina.com/systems.ilmn)
- Perform library preparation for Illumina sequencing.
- Perform high quality nucleic acid purification required for sample library preparation.
- Pipet small volumes accurately and calculate molarities.
- Utilize a working knowledge of enzyme-substrate interactions in library construction efforts required for Illumina sequencing.
- Perform a variety of nucleic acid shearing protocols to generate appropriate range of sized nucleic acid fragments.
- Keep and maintain a clean and efficient working laboratory environment devoid of RNAse and PCR contaminations.
- Order and organize necessary supplies and reagents.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks with sufficient details for reproducing results.
- Maintain accurate sample tracking and data management.
- Perform problem solving, call technical support to fix problems, initiate service calls or repairs, and interact with field service engineers and field application specialists for repair and optimization of advanced sequencing equipment and technologies.
- Stay current with regards to latest protocols, applications, scientific methodology, sample handling and processing relevant to next generation DNA sequencing technologies.
- Operate Agilent Bioanalyzer, conventional and real-time PCR machines, spectrophotometers and fluorometers for analysis of RNA and DNA sample quantity and quality.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor must have:
- Master’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a laboratory environment with next generation sequencing experience.
- Demonstrates advanced experience in performing molecular biology research.
- Demonstrates knowledge in managing and disposing of hazardous waste.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Once you have applied online to the position, if you have specific questions, you may contact us at email@example.com