Location: South San Francisco, CA
Posted Date: 5/18/2016
Position Type: Full time
Job Code: CB-009
Required Education: Doctorate/PhD
Computational Biology is an integral part of the process of discovering, validating, and prosecuting immuno-oncology targets at FLX Bio, where our goal is to activate the immune system to eradicate cancer.
As a key member of the Computational Biology group you will have the opportunity to work at all stages of small molecule drug discovery with a diversity of projects including some or all of:
• Generating a RNA-Seq expression resources through curation and assembly of published data sets
• Algorithmic analysis of literature, genetics, and proteomics for novel target identification
• Cheminformatics and SAR support
• Planning, execution, and analysis of RNA-Seq experiments to guide ongoing projects
• Analysis of clinical samples for the development of clinical trial biomarkers
The successful candidate must be able to work closely with wet-lab biologists and chemists in the Discovery Biology, Quantitative Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry groups. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, including proposing and executing novel projects. Additionally, the successful candidate should:
• Hold a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or a related discipline
• Have experience working with large genomic datasets
• Have experience running RNA-Seq analysis pipelines and interpreting RNA-Seq data
• Be comfortable working in a Unix environment and programming in languages such as R, perl, python, bash, SQL, and Java
• Be eligible to work in the United States
Particular consideration will be given to candidates with a strong working knowledge of immunology, oncology, or other human disease field.
About FLX Bio
FLX Bio is an exciting new company founded on the vision of creating new cancer therapeutics through the innovative application of unexploited insights in immunology. The company was recently formed by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, supported by two of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. FLX Bio offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a Resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com and please refer to job code #CB-009. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.