We are looking for a motivated (junior) bioinformatician to join our data science team. If you enjoy data management, coding and want to be part of a tight-nit team of data-scientists in a fast growing biotech company, this is the job for you.
Who are we?
Single Cell Discoveries is a start-up company that provides single-cell sequencing services to clients around the world in academia and industry. With a team of approximately 20, we work together to offer cutting edge single-cell sequencing services and help scientists worldwide get the best out of their research. We have an active R&D department that works on developing new sequencing methods and on how to bring single cell technology to the clinic.
What will you do?
As Bioinformatician at Single Cell Discoveries you will be responsible for analysis and handling of a variety of data types. Your primary tasks will revolve around the processing of incoming raw sequencing data from (single cell) mRNA sequencing projects: quality control, mapping to reference genomes, communication with clients and data storage. You will work to continuously improve the speed and computational efficiency, logging, and reporting of bioinformatic pipelines. Some of the responsibilities will be:
- Analyze raw RNA-sequencing data from single-cell and bulk RNA (BCL / fastq).
- Communication with clients regarding analysis results.
- Data management: process & analyze data and archive the data and results.
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists to develop new data pipelines.
- Improve our bioinformatic tools to ensure reproducibility and efficiency.
Requirements and qualifications:
- BSc / MSc degree in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Computer Science (or equivalent degree / work experience).
- Must be comfortable working from Linux terminal and with basic bash scripting.
- Familiarity with sequencing data file formats (fastq) and processing.
- Basic understanding of (RNA) read mapping.
- Basic scripting (Python / R).
- Driven & organized.
- Enjoy helping and communicating with clients & collaborators.
Skills that we can teach you:
- Best-in-class workflow manager frameworks (Nextflow)
- Software development skills and version control (git / GitLab)
- Working on a High Performance Cluster and in the Cloud (AWS)
- Single-cell sequencing analysis and data interpretation.
- Collaborate with a variety of clients and colleagues from different disciplines.
What We Offer:
- A fast-moving work environment where you will have responsibility and ownership to help our company grow.
- A full-time function (>32 hrs) with competitive salary.
- Generous terms of employment, including annual leave of 30 days plus national holidays.
- The possibility to develop yourself in a quickly growing organization with a flat structure.
How to apply
Please visit our careers page to apply: https://jobs.scdiscoveries.com/junior-bioinformatician/en
ONLY APPLYCATIONS DONE TRHOUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Need more info?
You are free to contact our HR department if you have any questions about the job opening (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Single Cell Discoveries B.V.
3584 CT Utrecht
+31 30 212 1905