Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
We invite applications from highly motivated candidates for a Quantitative Biologist/Bioinformatics position working within the Genomics group to design impactful studies and analyze single cell RNA-seq data across many therapeutic areas. The successful candidate will facilitate novel disease target identification through the development of new computational approaches and the application of existing computational tools.
We are looking for quantitative/computational scientists to work at the interface of mathematics, single-cell genomics, and cancer biology, in close collaboration with scientists and clinicians. The successful candidate will engage with the rich quantitative and computational biology community at BMS Cambridge to foster bioinformatic growth through the development of new statistical models of high-dimensional data and implementation of computational pipelines. Previous experience working with and developing new single cell RNA-seq and/or NGS data analysis tool is desirable.
- Ph.D level degree in the quantitative sciences (i.e., Bioinformatics, physics, mathematics or computer science/Computational biology) with 2 years of demonstrated experience or M.Sc with 4 years’ demonstrated experience. Candidates with a degree in the life sciences and with a proven quantitative research record will also be considered.
- Expertise in scientific programming, e.g. Python, Perl or R. Proficiency working in a Linux environment, with large data sets, computer clusters, and databases.
- Research publications in Bioinformatics, Computational biology, machine learning or physics is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with NGS data or single cell data and/or cancer genomics data.
- Experience in Implementation of new bioinformatic methods is plus.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced pharma research matrix team in drug discovery environment is desirable but not required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Above all, a passion for solving difficult research problems at the frontiers of big data in Biology.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.LEARN MORE