Regional Sales Manager (East Coast / West Coast US) – Reference No. 27
In this challenging position you are responsible for generating sales through developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers, procurement officers, key opinion leaders and other stakeholders. You exploit all sales opportunities within region and implement area plans. Also, you execute business, action and pricing plans to deliver budgeted figures. The geographical scope of the job will be either Western coastal US, preferably California or Eastern coast US including Boston, New York, Baltimore, and so on. You will report to the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales in the company headquarter.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Make accepted sales action plans and execute them to reach the sales target
- Build up and maintain good and effective relations with current and potential customers and important influencers.
- Organize seminars and talks for the customers in the region.
- Report progress on the main areas of responsibility regularly and discuss potential threats, opportunities and corrective actions in regular meetings with the Senior Manager.
- Involved (or providing input) in internal projects.
- Contribute actively to the development and realization of the strategies and results of the region.
- Constantly collect and report the market information including competition landscape and new opportunities.
- Eventually build a team of sales people within the territory and manage them.
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in Life Science is strongly required, a Master’s or PhD degree in biotech-related field is recommended.
- 5+ years of substantial relevant working experience in the field of biotechnical sales.
- Profound knowledge about NGS technologies.
- Connections in research labs and NGS facilities in the assigned territory.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Superb level of up-to-date knowledge of product portfolio, documentation and the ability to transfer this knowledge effectively to the target audiences.
- Totally fluent in English. Written communication accurate and to-the-point.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convince others of a particular viewpoint and to win consent using the right arguments and methods.
- Independently and of his/her own initiative adjusts his/her activities and behavior when changes make it necessary.
- The sensitivity and ability to adapt to local business cultures and customs.
- Ability and willingness to travel- min. 120 days/year
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the Next Generation Sequencing market.
To apply to this position, please use the application form or send your detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org