San Francisco, California, United States
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients with genetic information to help them make informed medical decisions at all stages of life. The Interpretation Lab plays a critical role in expanding our genomic understanding and diagnostic capabilities by developing scalable and informative functional assays.
We have an available opening for a Research Scientist who has direct expertise with developing and implementing innovative RNA sequencing technologies. Analysis of the human transcriptome is fast becoming the next frontier in clinical diagnostics. The primary responsibility of the RNA Sequencing Research Scientist will be to initiate and lead development of a transcriptome sequencing platform to support the identification and interpretation of germline variants.
What you’ll do:
- Become a core member of a growing team dedicated to overcoming current limitations in the interpretation of genetic variation, making more genomic information actionable for patients.
- Design, independently execute and quality control high-throughput RNA sequencing experiments.
- Advanced molecular biology (RNA extraction, enrichment, library preparation) and Next-Generation Sequencing (Illumina, PacBio) of low abundance cellular RNA.
- Work in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary team of clinical geneticists, cell biologists, computational biologists, and machine learning engineers to design experiments, analyze data and iterate.
What you bring:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics or related biological field.
- Extensive experience in the application of RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) and NGS workflows.
- Familiarity with long read sequencing technologies.
- Advanced molecular biology expertise.
- Experience with automated extraction and library preparation equipment.
- Ability to independently lead and conduct research, and to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data.
- Capacity to work productively within functionally diverse teams as well as collaborate with external investigators and partners in academic and industrial settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Reliable teammate with strong interpersonal skills.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance OrdinanceLEARN MORE