Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA is looking for a driven and innovative scientist with exceptional problem-solving skills who has experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to join our R&D team developing industry-leading technologies for Single Cell RNA-Seq. This scientist will be responsible for all aspects of the product development process, from project initiation through launch as well as commercial and academic collaborations, working both independently and collectively with other colleagues in R&D, Corporate Development/Marketing, Quality and Manufacturing. Direct working experience with DNA/RNA-Seq assays in single-cell or low input applications is highly desired.The Scientist role is lab-based in San Jose, CA.Approximately 5% travel, including overnight, may be required.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts experiments at the bench for one or more projects, exhibiting good experimental design, data summary and interpretation, and clear report preparation.
- Works to ensure projects are completed according to specifications and within set deadlines under guidance from senior scientists and Marketing.
- Learns to draft SOPs, user manuals, technical notes and other related technical documents with assistance from senior scientists, Marketing and Operations teams.
- Identifies potential new products for development based on assessment of customer demand, market trends, and competitor analysis with help from Marketing and more senior researchers in the group.
- Serves as a resource to R&D and other departments within the organization, including Product Management and Operations – especially during product development and launch.
- May represent R&D at scientific meetings or in front of customers – typically by presenting posters.
- May support Sales and Technical Support representatives on technical matters.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Requires a Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline, for example Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, etc., with 2-5 years of postdoctoral and/or industrial experience.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts in molecular and cell biology, with specialized skills in NGS, PCR, and single-cell applications.
- Strong interest in technology development and translating scientific ideas into novel applications.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative personality with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.