Scientist – Single-cell Transcriptomics of Cancer
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist to lead our efforts in building a single-cell cancer atlas. If you have an affinity with single-cell biology, enjoy lab work as well as project coordination and want to work in a young fast-growing biotech company, this is the job for you.
Who are we?
Single Cell Discoveries is a start-up company that provides single-cell sequencing services to clients around the world in academia and industry. With a team of approximately 20, we work together to offer cutting edge single-cell sequencing services and help scientists worldwide get the best out of their research. We have an active R&D department that works on developing new sequencing methods and on how to bring single cell technology to the clinic.
What will you do?
Single Cell Discoveries is part of the PERSIST-seq consortium, an international five-year collaboration to build a single-cell cancer atlas of millions of cells from three prevalent cancer types (Breast, Colon, Lung). The goal is to understand the mechanisms behind cancer therapy resistance. At Single Cell Discoveries, we will process and analyze all samples from the participating labs at our site in Utrecht, the Netherlands. We are looking for a scientist with strong wet-lab and organizational skills to lead our efforts in this project. The day-to-day activities will be a mixture of wet-lab experiments, data interpretation and project coordination:
- Running and optimizing various single-cell sequencing (10x Genomics) experiments.
- Designing and documenting standardized workflows for the consortium, and eventually the global research community.
- Coordinating experiments, documentation, and timelines, both within our company and with our external partners.
- Interpreting the data in collaboration with our data scientists and a team of external bioinformaticians.
Who are we looking for?
- You can start quickly (June-July-August).
- You have a PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, or similar.
- Experience with 10x Genomics or other single-cell technology is a plus.
- Experience in oncology is a plus.
- You enjoy coordinating projects and are meticulous in your work.
- You have a flexible mindset and react proactively to changing work environments.
- You are not afraid to present and to pitch innovative ideas.
- You master the English language (both orally and in writing)
What do we offer?
- A unique position to help build a single-cell cancer atlas & study cancer therapy resistance
- Collaboration with an international group of scientists.
- Working in a small and sociable team. A good working atmosphere is one of our key company values.
- A full-time function (≥32 hours contract) with a competitive salary.
- Generous terms of employment, including annual leave of 30 days plus national holidays.
- Access to a variety of cutting-edge single-cell sequencing technologies.
- Be part of a fast-growing company with a flat hierarchy, giving you ample room to make an impact on the company’s future.
How to apply
Please visit our careers page to apply : https://jobs.scdiscoveries.com/scientist/en
ONLY APPLYCATIONS DONE TRHOUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Need more info?
Single Cell Discoveries B.V.
3584 CT Utrecht
+31 30 212 1905