Alnylam was founded in 2002 on a revolutionary vision and bold mission which remain firmly in place today. We are leading the translation of RNAi as a new class of medicines with a core focus on RNAi therapeutics toward genetically defined targets for the treatment of serious, life-threatening diseases with limited treatment options for patients and their caregivers. In January 2015, we announced our “Alnylam 2020” guidance that reflects our expected transition from a late-stage clinical development company to a multi-product commercial-stage company with a sustainable development pipeline. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in 2015 and 2016.Our RNAi Lead Development team is seeking a talented scientist to help us advance our pipeline of novel RNAi therapeutics and advance our RNAi conjugate platform. The candidate will work closely with interdisciplinary teams from all three of Alnylam’s therapeutic areas: genetic, cardio-metabolic, and hepatic infectious disease as well as our RNAi Platform team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Next Generation Sequencing and bring a rigorous analytical approach to research.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Execute day to day operations for RNASeq sample preparation, including: RNA isolation, library preparation, quantification and QC.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of NGS equipment.
- Maintain samples and oversee logistics of data collection. Work with the bioinformatics group to streamline and improve data collection and analytical processes.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and participate in the continuing development and optimization of existing and new protocols.
- Adapts well to the changing platform needs, in workflow, projects and other tasks as required by the platform.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new equipment to improve automation and throughput as well as increased sequencing capacity.
- BS/MS in a biological science
- At least 4 years of hands-on laboratory experience in NGS and/or molecular biology are required.
- Experience in NGS sample prep workflow strongly preferred
- Proficiency in variety of molecular biology techniques (ex PCR/qPCR/qRT-PCR; DNA/RNA manipulations, cloning)
- Experience with laboratory automation including liquid handling systems such as Beckman Coulter FXP, Perkin Elmer JANUS or other systems preferred
- Experience with a broad range of lab techniques, including cell culture, cell based assays, protein biochemistry, assay development would be a plus
- Highly motivated, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, intensely detail oriented, and desire to drive innovation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and strong communication skills required.