Senior Scientist RNA-seq [Ref 2677762]- Cambridge, MA
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Exosomes are messengers released by all living cells into biofluids, such as plasma/serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, forming a highly enriched source of RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin. Our proprietary exosome-based technology platform can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights about cells in the body without direct access to the actual cells. Through this novel technology, we are focused on transforming how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. In 2016, we will launch multiple diagnostics, including liquid biopsy tests for lung, prostate and other solid tumor cancers.
We are expanding our R&D facility in Cambridge MA and are looking for a Senior Scientist with assay development experience in NGS, particularly in the field of biomarker discovery.
This position provides a great opportunity for personal and professional development. It offers the chance to influence and participate in the dynamic working environment of a rapidly growing company, developing cutting edge technology for molecular diagnostics in personalized medicine.
This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is adaptable and able to fill different roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate has experience with NGS, specifically with RNA sequencing, will be highly organized with an eye for detail and possess good communication skills.
- PhD in a relevant scientific field with 5+ years of experience in NGS, preferably in industry or biotech.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing NGS based assays for biomarker screening and validation.
- Project managing and supervising Technical Assistants.
- Supporting customer service projects.
- Reporting and documenting results and progress to colleagues and clients.
- Highly experienced in molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, amplification, detection and analysis using NGS.
- Experience with RNA extraction, generating RNA-seq libraries and an understanding of RNA-seq analysis.
- Prior experience working in biofluids and other low input samples is a plus.
- Able to closely follow the scientific field of biomarkers in oncology.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent projects.
- Good communication skills and the ability to implement technologies developed by R&D, into a CLIA environment.
- Excellent work ethic with high energy level.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary/benefits package and an attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Cambridge community of biotech and academic research.
- Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put  (Senior Scientist RNA-seq) in the subject line.FIND OUT MORE