Emeryville, CA R&D Life Sciences Full-time
Berkeley Lights: The power of engineering, brought to life.
Berkeley Lights, Inc. is enabling precise cell by cell selection and manipulation to empower: cell line development, antibody discovery and engineering, and manufacturing of personalized cellular therapies. Founded in 2011, Berkeley Lights, Inc. delivers breakthrough platforms and devices that fundamentally change the way biological processes are done. Our technology will revolutionize how scientists and researchers study the interaction of cells and transform and accelerate cellular therapies.
We believe that focusing on the individual cell has the power to ultimately transform the lives of individuals by understanding disease at the cellular level and through the development of personalized therapies.
Berkeley Lights is seeking a Sr. Bioinformatician to support company and customers, maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and quality, and one that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and team work.
- Ph. D. or M.S. + 3 years experience in bioinformatics, genomics, or related field. Candidates with industry experience are especially encouraged to apply.
- Experience building and running high throughput pipelines for biological data.
Experience interpreting NGS data.
- Maintaining and curating content of internal knowledge sharing repositories.
- Working knowledge in a UNIX/LINUX environment and demonstrable programming language experience (Python, Perl, R and Rshiny).
- Implement, maintain and improve BLI high throughput single cell data analysis pipelines.
Develop QC methods for different pipelines.
- Ability to derive biological outcomes from data, troubleshoot and provide feedback to design new experiments.
- Work with large internal and external biological data sets including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data (e.g. RNA-Seq, scRNA-Seq, AmpliSeq)
- Carry out bioinformatics tasks such as sequence analysis, identification of PCR/biases/contaminants in sequencing data.
- Effectively communicate analysis results to development and research teams, including development and deployment of visualization tools to facilitate communication of analyses and data.
- Support BLI and BLI customers, maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and quality, and one that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and team work.