About the job
Single Cell Discoveries is a fast-growing biotech company seeking a high performing technical scientist ready to take on more responsibility and excited about the opportunity to build a world leading spatial biology lab.
You will report directly to the Head of Operations and work closely with the management team and our head of R&D. You will be responsible for leading the development of the Company’s spatial biology offerings, which will include both external technology platforms and internal innovation. You will be integral in crafting and executing against strategic initiatives as Single Cell Discoveries expands into the spatial field.
This position will be based in Utrecht, Netherlands and the compensation package will include meaningful equity incentives.
- Identify and implement high-potential spatial technologies, ranging from testing external platforms to developing proprietary internal technologies.
- Translate between development and services by standardizing techniques executable by the services team for a wide range of projects.
- Hire and mentor junior scientists to create an efficient & motivated team that can translate innovative science into a complete service for clients.
- Collaborate on project scoping with prospective clients to understand their scientific needs and provide technical feedback and insights.
- Work with the Company’s management team to create quarterly, annual, and long-term plans to expand and improve our technology & offerings.
- Lead the company’s Spatial Biology team, alongside the Head of operations and head of R&D, to become the world’s leading spatial biology service provider.
Single Cell Discoveries is a venture-backed startup company that provides single-cell sequencing services to an international client base across academia & Industry. With a young & dedicated team we help scientists worldwide solve a wide range of biological problems using cutting edge technology and data science. To fuel our services, we have an active R&D program to develop new methods and help bring single-cell technology to the clinic. We are currently in a rapid scaling phase and about to move to a state-of-the art, custom-built single-cell sequencing & spatial transcriptomics laboratory.
Strong organizational skills, exceptional communication skills and acute attention to detail are essential.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in spatial transcriptomics is essential.
- Self-starter who can operate in a hyper growth environment and wants to build a spatial transcriptomics laboratory.
- Experience with laboratory automation and robotics and establishing / maintaining complex workflows is a plus.
- PhD degree relevant to Single-Cell sequencing and spatial biology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Why take this job
- Ample freedom & responsibility to build a key part of our growing company.
- Be part of a sociable and motivated team. A good working atmosphere is one of our fundamental values.
- You will interact directly with an international client base across the Life Sciences.
- Generous benefits like ample annual leave of 30 days plus national holidays and an excellent pension plan.
- Option package & potential to grow with our company into a strong leadership position.