- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Genetics/Genomics or related field.
- Experience with ‘omics platform output.
- Experience with biological datasets and next generation sequencing data. Graphical output of data analysis for publication.
- Demonstrated experience designing computational methods and tools, including prior experience with algorithms relevant to computational biology, and skill and experience with statistical analysis.
- Outstanding programming skills in at least two of these languages on a Linux environment: Python, R, bash, Perl, Java, and C++.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to work to tight timelines, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Analyses of high throughput genomic, transcriptomic, epigenetic, proteomic, digital spatial, and other ‘omics data in healthy and disease states.
- Analysis of multiscale single cell ‘omics data to perform multi tissue cellular de novo taxonomy in healthy and disease states.
- Develop and maintain genetic, genomic, and biological databases to annotate and interpret human genome data.
- Perform rigorous and reproducible data analyses along with graphics and spreadsheet output.
- Develop projects and work independently on a variety of data analysis projects.
- Learn and use bioinformatics tools for processing and analysis of large datasets.
- Identify and resolve technical issues and propose upgrades to current software.
- Develop and maintain bioinformatic pipelines for analyses of high throughput genomic, transcriptomic, epigenetic, proteomic, and other ‘omics data in healthy and disease states.
Location: The Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research (NKI) is a dedicated research facility of the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) located on the grounds of Rockland Psychiatric Center in Orangeburg, NY. NKI is affiliated with the New York University Langone Medical Center (NYULMC), located in midtown Manhattan.
To apply Only PhD-level candidates should send their Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.