Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory Vaccine Center Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in Computational Immunology
A Postdoctoral Fellowship position is available immediately at Emory University and the Yerkes National Primate Research Center in the Division of Microbiology and Immunology. The area of study will be defining susceptibility to HIV acquisition in African women, and analysis of host factors driving the development of broadly neutralizing antibodies (bNAbs) against HIV/SIV infection in the rhesus macaque model using single-cell RNA-Seq, antibody repertoire sequencing and other high throughput genomics.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science or a related discipline obtained within the past five years. Strong writing, speaking and presentation skills are also important.
- R/Bioconductor proficiency required
- Experience writing code in Python, Perl, C/C++ or Java
- Experience working with RNA-Seq or other high-throughput data
- Familiarity with Sun Grid Engine / Cloud computing
- Background or training in Immunology or HIV research
Please submit a CV, bibliography, cover letter with a brief description of research experience and interests to Dr. Steven Bosinger (email@example.com)