The RNA-Seq analysis tutorial covers the basics of differential expression analysis and touches on other RNA-seq topics such as transcriptome assembly.
- Topics Covered:
- RNA-Seq vs Microarray technology
- Experimental Design
- Sequencing Technology
- Data Quality Assessments
- Mapping RNA-Seq data to a genome
- Differential Gene Expression Analysis
- Non-mammal specific RNA-Seq issues
- Transcriptome assembly and other uses of RNA-seq
The hands-on guided tutorials cover different gene expression analysis using either human or potato training data. Anaylsis is performed using the MSI Galaxy instance.
- The most up-to-date slides for this tutorial can be found here: https://goo.gl/WMEO5M
- Find more information about this tutorial at https://www.msi.umn.edu/tutorials/rna…
- Find more information about other tutorials that MSI offers at https://msi.umn.edu/tutorials
Tutorial presented on February 25, 2016, by Joshua Baller, Ph. D.