Laboratory of Computational Biology of Noncoding RNA at the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences in Poznan, Poland, headed by Dr. Barbara Uszczynska-Ratajczak is looking for Postdoctoral Bioinformatician.
You will join the project entitled “Shedding new light on genome’s dark matter: identification of novel long noncoding RNAs in zebrafish” carried out as the OPUS 2018/31/B/NZ2/01940 grant of the Polish National Science Centre. The primary goal of this project is to improve the annotation of long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in zebrafish and broaden our understanding of lncRNA biology by establishing the evolutionary conservation of lncRNAs across human, mouse and zebrafish.
As a Postdoctoral researcher: you will focus on the development of approaches and workflows for annotating zebrafish lncRNAs using the Next Generation Sequencing data (short- and long-read RNA sequencing, CAGE). The candidate will also be involved in studying the genomic properties of identified lncRNAs and analysis of their evolutionary conservation across selected species. The successful candidate is also expected to take active part in the analysis of obtained results and preparation of scientific publications.
The successful candidate will work in a team of bioinformaticians in an interdisciplinary environment spanning molecular and developmental biology, bioinformatics, genomics and transcriptomics. The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers.
Requirements for the candidate:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or Life sciences related field (PhD degree received no earlier than 7 years prior to the date of employment)
- Experience in bioinformatics with Next Generation Sequencing.
- Experience working with Git.
- Has good working knowledge of Linux & intermediate programming skills, preferably Python and R.
- Knowledge of Nextflow or Snakemake would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Full employment contract for 18 months.
- Monthly full remuneration cost approximately 10000 PLN (8350 PLN gross).
- Work in the interdisciplinary research environment spanning molecular and developmental biology, bioinformatics, genomics and transcriptomics.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations).
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring.
- Possibility of extending the employment contract for another 18 months.
- Preferable starting date is 01/06/2022.