Institution – University of Massachusetts Medical School
Web Address – http://www.umassmed.edu
Location – Worcester
A postdoctoral associate position is available in Dr. Konstantin Zeldovich-s laboratory in the Program in Bioinformatics and Integrative Biology. The postdoctoral associate will work on a project related to genome organization in the influenza virus. The project aims at developing deep molecular understanding of influenza virus genome packaging and development of the algorithms to detect and predict reassortment between different strains of influenza virus.
- PhD degree
- fluidity with common bioinformatics tools and methods, including multiple sequence alignments
- working knowledge of next-generation sequencing data analysis tools
- knowledge of RNA-seq analysis and genome assembly methods
- knowledge of statistical foundations of bioinformatics
- experience with Python, Perl scripting and database development helpful
How To Apply – Interested candidates may forward a CV to: [email protected]
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.