This position focuses on analyzing single cell RNA-seq (scRNA-seq) datasets, and developing novel pipelines and computational approaches for single cell RNA-seq data analyses. The ability to develop, evaluate and implement new techniques will be critical. The successful candidate is required to be very familiar with next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and data analyses, has strong programming skills in R, Perl or Python, C or Java. Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as scientific knowledge in immunology is required for the partnership with Research Units.
- Install and evaluate state-of-the-art open source tools for scRNA-seq data analysis
- Develop or extend in-house workflow to streamline scRNA-seq data analysis workflow and visualization
- Improve computational approaches related to scRNA-seq data QC and normalization, clustering of cell populations, inferring cellular trajectories and reconstructing lineage hierarchies
- Analyze scRNA-seq dataset generated for internal and external collaborations, and investigate the heterogeneity of immune cell type
- Assist with RNA-seq data analysis for Pfizer’s Research Units and Bioanalytical Precision Medicine Group
- Write and publish articles in quality peer-reviewed journals, and present at internal and external meetings
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or computational biology related fields
- Passion to build innovative software solutions and data analysis pipelines
- Extensive knowledge in the NGS field with a demonstrated track of record in RNA-seq data analysis, including data QC, read mapping and quantification, data normalization and differential analysis
- Familiar with NGS algorithms, such as Bowtie, BWA, STAR, cufflinks, RSEM, featureCounts and etc.
- Must be proficient in Unix/Linux, cluster and programming with R, Perl/Python, Java or C *
- Significant experience in algorithm development and implementing pipelines for NGS data analysis
- Deep scientific knowledge in either immunology, oncology or neuroscience
- Knowledge in Amazon cloud computing, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and Docker is a plus
- Proficient in verbal communication and excellent writing skills*
- Strong publication record of original scientific work in high-quality peer-reviewed journals
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Postdoc in Single cell RNA Cambridge, Massachusetts 1041603-1852APPLY