Blacktrace Group is an exciting and dynamic place to work. Focusing on Productizing Science®, the group supports customers around the world in taking scientific discoveries and inventions and developing them into commercially successful products. The group’s portfolio includes a number of exciting and cutting-edge brands which develop, manufacture and globally market a variety of products and services.
Dolomite Bio, a brand within the Blacktrace Group, develops cutting edge microfluidic-based instruments, protocols and applications for high-throughput single cell research.
To support our rapidly growing team we are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Technical Applications Specialist.
This is an exciting and varied customer-facing role that will involve pre- and post-sales application support such as customer support, workflow training and instrument installations at customer sites globally, as well as participation at conferences, workshops and exhibitions.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in molecular biology, ideally RNA-based applications, and will have a solid grasp of technical details. We place a high premium on a keen willingness to learn in a fun, innovative and fast-paced environment.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Applications support
- Relationship and customer management skills, always delivering exceptional customer service
- Participation/presentations at conferences and customer workshops globally
- Training distributor and sales teams
- Creation of content for sales support and marketing including webinars, technical and application notes and other documents
- Running experiments to build applications
- Working with partners to build applications and writing up their data
- Potential for international travel
- Self-starting individual with drive and passion and excellent interpersonal skills
- Education to PhD level in Molecular Biology or similar
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and application issues
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft products including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
Excellent phone, email and presentation skills
- Excellent scientific, organisational, and multi-tasking skills