Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring up to $53,760
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 7730
The Department of Neurosurgery at Baylor College of Medicine provides a great multidisciplinary scientific environment with many collaborative research opportunities. The Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr Akdes Serin Harmanci, Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Baylor College of Medicine. The Serin Lab focus is on developing integrative approaches to dissect the molecular landscape of brain tumors using single-cell RNA sequencing and spatial transcriptomics data.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Develops machine learning algorithms for single-cell RNA-Sequencing and spatial transcriptomics datasets.
- Participates in multiple projects involving design, implementation and integration of next generation sequencing datasets.
- Uses statistical analysis tools such as R and Python.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computational Biology, or related fields, highly motivated.
- Strong background in programming and machine learning methods is a must.
- Previous experience in next generation sequencing data.
- Experience with R and Python is a must.