- Job Title – Cancer Genomics Bioinformaticis – (Postdoctoral Researcher)
Department – Knight Informatics
Location – HRC 14D40
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range – M-F, Occasional evenings and weekends; 1.0FTE; Salary Range: $38,495 – $54,180; location: Marquam Hill.
Functions/Duties of Position
We are seeking a qualified bioinformatician to work on next-generation sequencing and genomic projects in the area of precision medicine and cancer. Methods comprise DNA/RNA-seq analysis and integration of these datasets with other genomic data such as from SNP/CNV arrays, functional assays, as well as with clinic pathological and patient data. Projects underway include whole exome/genome sequencing of clinical specimens to determine treatment predictive factors and identify novel cancer-related genes.
The candidate will operate in a multi-disciplinary group of statistical geneticists, computational biologists and software / database developers who provide methodological development, tools, training, and consultation to the research community in the areas of statistical genetics and computational biology. The successful candidate will be a team oriented individual who has excellent attention to detail and can communicate complex statistical methodogies to researchers of various backgrounds.
- PhD in quantitative or statistical genetics, computational biology or cancer genomics.
- Experience with DNA/RNA-Seq analysis (variant calling, structural variation, expression etc).
- Experience in data cleaning and data management.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think creatively about challenges, and motivation to tackle scientific questions.
- Firm understanding of statistical methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with collaborators both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet tight timelines.
- Documented expertise in the following areas required: R, Splus or SAS, Python, Perl or C.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
- Must be proficient with computers running Windows and PC applications (e.g. MS Excel, Oracle, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must have demonstrated excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
- Must possess energy and drive to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in cancer genomics.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. OHSU provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization.
OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. Applicants with disabilities can request reasonable accommodation by contacting the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148.
How To Apply
- Apply here online. Please attach CV/Resume, cover letter and list of 3 references.