A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the new team within the Bioinformatics group in Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN) targeting at single-cell data analysis and integration. Single-cell technologies such as mass cytometry and single-cell RNA-seq/DNA-seq allow for measurements of cellular heterogeneity with unprecedented dimensionality. The candidate will join the new team aim at developing innovative single cell analytical methodologies with cutting-edge computational algorithms. The team will also perform web-lab experiments through collaboration and carry out data-driven research projects. With access to a broad range of single cell RNA-seq, CyTOF, Flow cytometry, NGS and microarray data, the team will work on data integration to connect measurement at single-cell level with population-level, as well as mRNA-level with protein-level.
- Develop innovative data analysis methods for single-cell data (single cell RNA-seq, CyTOF)
- Integration and meta-analysis of different data types
- Build integrated database and perform data mining
- Carry out informatics-drive research projects
- Produce high-impact publications
- Provide data analysis and interpretation support
- A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics or related field
- Background in machine learning, pattern recognition, and statistics is preferred
- Experience in Programming skills using R/python/perl/shell script/C++/Matlab and in Biology, immunology, microarray, NGS, and mass cytometry.
- An ability to learn new technologies and biology-oriented mindset
- Good team player, independent, self-driven with good interpersonal skills
Interested applicants should send a copy of their resume with publication list, one page of summary of research experience and interests, and contact information of three referees who could be contacted for letters of reference to email@example.com.