|Date: Monday, September 27, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (EDT)
Location: Web Conference (See WebEx information below)
Bill Wysocki, Ph.D, Director of User Services, University of Chicago
Dr. Zhenyu Zhang, Ph.D, GDC Co-Principal Investigator, University of Chicago
This webinar is intended for cancer researchers and bioinformaticians who are interested in learning more about how the NCI Genomic Data Commons (GDC) supports single cell RNA-Seq data.
Single-cell RNA-Seq (scRNA-Seq) is a valuable tool for studying tumor heterogeneity and also the microenvironment, which may be composed of a distinct cancer subclones along with immune and other cell types. The GDC supports the submission and harmonization of tumor scRNA-Seq data and makes the data available for download via the GDC Data Portal. This webinar will provide an in depth look at how scRNA-Seq data is processed at the GDC and made data available to the community.
- Provide an overview of the GDC scRNA-Seq workflow and quality control (QC)
- Demonstrate download of scRNA-Seq data generated from GDC workflows
- Demonstrate using Jupyter notebooks how scRNA-Seq data can be analyzed using dimensionality reduction plots such as UMAP to:
- Visualize relationships between cells
- Discover cell marker profiles and/or gene expression patterns of tumor-related genes