BIOF 074 | Advanced Transcriptomics (RNA Seq) Analysis
September 17, 2019 to September 20, 2019
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is one week before the first day of the course. If you are unable to register before the deadline, please email: email@example.com or call 301-496-7977 for space availability.
NIH employees paying with the signed vendor copy of the SF-182 form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from performing the routine differential expression analysis using two different suite of tools, this hands-on training will help participants learn advanced RNA-Seq analysis techniques and tools for detecting snps, fusion genes, allele specific expressions, circular RNAs, viral/bacterial sequence identification, alternative polyadenylation and transcriptional regulatory network analysis.
- Participants will use a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment, specially configured for advanced RNA-Seq analysis in the Amazon Cloud
- Training provided by experienced active NIH researchers
- Cookbook style bound manual for all exercises
- Direct, after training support through exclusive forum membership
- Continuing Education Credits
Who should attend:
- Researchers and academics who are interested in exploring the RNA-Seq data for more than what is routinely done.
- Clinicians who are interested in discovering novel biological regulatory mechanisms looking for potential diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic uses.
- Biomedical students who are interested in pursuing research on advanced transcriptomics and transcriptional regulatory mechanisms.
- Scientists in program administration interested in learning and understanding the latest methods and concepts in transcriptome analysis
Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills
Hands-on Skills/Tools taught:
Differential expression analysis: New Tuxedo tools
Differential expression analysis: Trinity tools
Fusion gene analysis: STAR-Fusion
SNP detection: GATK
Allele specific expression: WASP
Circular RNA identification: circexplorer
Alternative polyadenylation: DaPars
Viral integration: VirusFinder
Network analysis Cytoscape
Workshops generally run from 9:00am – 5:00pm.