Naturvetarhuset, Umeå University
- Application open: June 15, 2018
- Application deadline: October 2, 2018
- Course dates: November 14-16, 2018
Johan Reimegård, Jeanette Tångrot
Contact information for questions regarding the course:
Jeanette Tångrot (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A workshop fee* of 1700 SEK will be invoiced to accepted participants. This includes lunches, coffee and snacks, and course dinner.
*Please note that NBIS cannot invoice individuals
This workshop will introduce the best practice bioinformatics methods for processing and analyses of RNA-seq data via a series of lectures and computer practicals.
Topics covered will include:
- RNA seq introduction
- RNA seq transcript assembly
- RNA seq read mapping programs
- RNA seq QC analysis
- Differential expression analysis
- Gene set enrichment analysis
Required for being able to follow the course and complete the computer exercises:
- Basic knowledge in Linux
- Ability to bring your own laptop with R installed for the practical exercises
- Experience working on the SNIC center Uppmax or another HPC. We encourage participants to run Uppmax tutorial before the course
- Experience working with NGS data analysis or completed the NBIS workshop “Introduction to Bioinformatics using NGS data”
- Experience working in R or completed the NBIS course “R Programming Foundations for Life Scientists”
Due to limited space the course can accommodate a maximum of 20 participants. If we receive more applications, participants will be selected based on several criteria. Selection criteria include correct entry requirements, motivation to attend the course as well as gender and geographical balance.