Total RNA is comprised of large amounts of undesired transcripts, such as ribosomal RNA (rRNA), which account for ~80-98 % of the total RNA sample, and globin mRNA, accounting for ~35-80 % of mRNA in blood samples. Therefore, RNA sample preparation for sequencings requires stringent rRNA and (for blood samples) globin depletion.
The upgraded version V2 of Lexogen’s RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit Human/Mouse/Rat (HMR) efficiently removes rRNA from intact as well as degraded total RNA samples depleting down to < 1% rRNA reads in subsequent RNA-Seq analyses. The resulting depleted RNA can be directly used for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) as well as other demanding RNA applications. RiboCop-treated RNA is compatible with all standard RNA-Seq library preparation protocols.
RiboCop’s rRNA depletion methodology is based on the removal of rRNA via hybridization to specifically designed oligos and subsequent affinity purification of the rRNA-oligo hybrids with magnetic beads. Lexogen has developed a sophisticated algorithm to design new specific probe mixes for maximum rRNA removal while keeping unwanted off-target effects at a minimum. The entire protocol is automation-friendly by utilizing magnetic beads for depletion and purification enabling convenient and fast depletion in only 1.5 hours.
With the upgrade of the RiboCop protocol, Lexogen also releases a new solution for blood samples: RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit for Human/Mouse/Rat plus Globin (HMR+Globin) and bundles with the CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit to deplete rRNA and globin mRNAs in one RNA-Seq workflow.
Use RiboCop V2 and benefit from:
- High depletion efficiency: <1% of remaining rRNA and globin reads
- Robust protocol: New, sophisticated probe design delivering robust rRNA depletion without off-target effects
- Reliable technology: Enzyme-free protocol preserves full-length RNA and allows processing of low quality RNA samples
- Scalability of input and throughput: Flexible input of 1 ng – 1 µg total RNA and automation-friendly protocol
- Complete Workflow Solution: Fragmentation-free RNA-Seq workflow in bundle of RiboCop with CORALL Total RNA-Seq
- Universal applicability: Compatible with all standard RNA-Seq Library Prep Kits. Available for human/mouse/rat, including blood samples, and for bacteria.
Learn more about RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit Human/Mouse/Rat (HMR) V2
Learn more about RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit for Human/Mouse/Rat plus Globin (HMR+Globin)
Learn more about CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit
ATTENTION! RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) V1.3 (Cat. No. 037 or 096 as part of the bundle with CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep) will be discontinued by the end of the year 2020.
From the next year on, only the upgrade V2 (Cat. No. 144) will be available for sales. The bundle CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit with RiboCop (Cat. No. 096) is discontinued with immediate effect. Instead, the new bundle CORALL Total RNA-Seq Library Prep Kit with RiboCop (HMR) (Cat. No. 146), containing the new RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit for Human/Mouse/Rat (HMR) V2 is now available.
If you require RiboCop rRNA Depletion Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) V1.3 (Cat. No. 037) to continue your experiments, please contact your sales representative or [email protected].
Source – LEXOGEN