Department: Boston Lab
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: ExperiencedCompany DNA:
Genomic Expression is finding the best drug for the patient and the best patient for the drug by sequencing RNA. Analyzing RNA is able to tell if the tumor will respond to the new immune therapies, which is the only kind of therapy that is a potential cure. Genomic Expression is a clear first mover in making RNA sequencing actionable in oncology with 4 fully funded programs in various cancer types focusing on women’s cancer first.
• 1 min Product Video: http://bit.ly/OneRNAMovie
• 1 min Company video: http://bit.ly/GExCorp
• Website: http://www.genomicexpression.com/
• Twitter: @dnabarcode (+ 50,000 followers)
We are building a company with a lot of passion for solving real unmet needs for the patients as only 1 out of 4 cancer treatment prolongs life while we spend $100 billion on drugs and 8 million patients die every year.
Our DNA is based on respect for the individual and admiration for creativity and intellect. We will honor anybody’s ability to create value for our company. We are team oriented and expect a lot from our employees in terms of taking responsibility and initiative.
Job Description/ Why We’re Hiring:
We are looking for a highly motivated NGS data scientist/bioinformatician who is passionate about curing cancer and want play a key role in building our life saving clinical informatics platform. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced in all aspects of processing and interpreting NGS data, especially RNA sequencing data. You’ll be working alongside some amazing pioneers in oncology; bench scientists, engineers and software developers, contributing to the cutting edge of cancer research and personalized medicine.
Bioinformatician Skills and Expertise
• PhD in Biological Sciences or Computational Biology with strong quantitative background, involving the analysis of next generation sequencing data (including RNA sequencing data), with at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience, or Master’s degree with at least 10 years of experience.
• The ideal candidate will have solid background in biology/molecular biology, bioinformatics and statistics
• Candidate must be able to effectively interpret the analysis results within biological context
• Proficient with tools and open source software related to data analysis such as gene expression, pathway identification, variants calling, copy number variation identification, structural variants identification, gene fusion, allele specific gene expression, novel transcripts, etc.
• Experience with Linux Operating System, Windows Operating system, SQL/MySQL/Postgres, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience Developing scripts for processing data in languages such as Perl, Python, JAVA, C++ and/or R.
• Experience with high-performance Linux cluster and cloud computing.
• Experience working with interdisciplinary teams to plan experiments and interpret resulting data
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor less experienced data scientists, including entry level staff and students
• Previous publication or presentations of relevant scientific information required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills